Friday, September 12, 2008

Cam's First Day of Pre-school


I don't know quite how it happened but the day came that my little boy was going to school for the first time. Now what they actually do in school at the age of three is a mystery to me but I am sure that there is a lot of time for recess. Anyway, we woke up the morning of 9/11/08 and I said to him "Cameron, you get to go to school today" and the tears came crashing down. " I don't want to go to school, I don't want to ride the bus, I want to go to Nora's". Nora is his daycare provider for those that don't know. So, I sat him down and had a brief conversation about how he was a big boy now and he was going to make all kinds of new friends and learn amazing things. We hopped up and got him dressed in his first day of school outfit, got on his back pack and we were on our way.

The plan was for me to go to Nora's and stay with him until he got on the bus and then I would meet him at the school to spend a little time there with him and get his day started off. He was absolutely the cutest thing getting on the bus and getting all strapped in. I watched the bus pull away and then headed on my way.

Well, I am not biased or anything but my child was definitely the best in the class :). Just kidding of course...or am I???? LOL Anyway, they sang songs, then had breakfast of which they served themselves, and then had playtime. All the other little boys went straight for the trucks and cars and what does my child do? He goes and gets the mop and tells me that there is a "mess" and proceeds to mop it up. Is this a problem? No way!!!

I had to get to work so I gave him a kiss (I do have to take advantage of it while he isn't embarrassed) and told him that I loved him and left my baby all on his own. His first day was a total success!!! More to come I am sure.