Friday, October 24, 2008

Cameron's First Trip to the Dentist

Cameron had his first trip to the dentist this week. There is a dentist here in Madison that closes his office down for a couple of days and just takes the kids in Head Start which is the program that Cameron is in for school. The school bus transports them to and from the dentist's office and I was able to leave work for a few minutes and just meet him there. When I arrived he was sitting in the chair with the big pad that blocks the radiation from the x-ray and when he saw me he immediately got anxious and x-rays just did not happen. Other than that he was a total trooper. I sat next to him and held his hand while he had his teeth cleaned and I was instructed on how to make sure his teeth are being brushed properly. The dentist then came in and confirmed that he had no cavities which made mommy very happy. He was treated to a new dinosaur toothbrush, a winnie the pooh sticker, and a rubber lizard which he has not put down since. I was so proud and the next day he asked if he could go back so I believe it was a success.